Time for roll call. Do you still believe in holiness?
1. Do you believe that people can be set free not only from the guilt of sin that leads to condemnation, but from the power of sin to enslave? Can people be free from intentional sin by the power of God?
2. Do you believe that God wants every Christian to be able to live a life free from intentional sin? Or is it only for “saints” and “super Christians” to achieve? (This does not mean it is impossible for them to intentionally sin, but that it is impossible for them not to do so.)
3. Do you believe that the Spirit of Christ uses both ongoing process (means of grace) and crisis moments (justification, consecration, sanctification) to make people holy?
4. Do you believe that the Spirit of God can fill a person in a way that purifies their hearts and empowers them for loving living?
5. Do you believe that Jesus Christ ever commands us to do something the Spirit will not enable us to achieve?
6. Have you ever met someone you would consider entirely sanctified?
7. Are you yourself pursuing a life of holiness with faith that even if you would not consider yourself sanctified you have confident hope you will one day be?
If so, let us know in the comments below by simply writing “I believe in holiness.” You can write more than that if you choose, but at least write that.